Preventative Maintenance Information
Commercial Pool Water Tips
- Backwash on a set schedule. General rule of thumb: backwash when the pressure gauge has increased 10 lbs over the normal "clean filter" rate.
- Shock Pool Water on a regular basis to keep sanitizers balanced and prevent green or cloudy pool water.
- Use Enzymes (Natural Chemistry, Aqua-Tone, Sequa-Sol, etc...) in daily chemical regimens as preventative measures.
- Test Pool Water regularly with an approved Swimming Pool Test Kit (every 4 hours, or as determined by local health departments).
- Calibrate Swimming Pool Chemical Feeders & Chemtrol Controllers in the morning, before opening. This way, there are not outside factors (batherload, direct sun, weather, etc...) affecting the reading.
- Clean skimmer baskets to allow maximum filter and pump flow.
- Check water flow and chemcial tubing.